Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Humans, Happy Headed To Anchorage

Note: This is an excerpt from my contributions to the SP Kennel Dog Log

Aliy, Allen and I are all headed to Anchorage today. Our mission is to meet with sponsors and supporters to get a jump on making Iditarod arrangements, plans, etc. Plus, Aliy is doing a presentation at Covenant House on behalf of SP Kennel Lead Sponsor Horizon Lines. She will be using some of her stories and videos from last Iditarod to talk about focusing on goals, overcoming setbacks and perseverance. As we all know, she has plenty to share!

As part of her presentation, Aliy is bringing along a very special SP Kennel dog who has her own rich history of overcoming hardships in a remote Alaskan village to become an Iditarod finishing sled dog. That's right, Happy's going to Anchorage to share her celebrity and stardom! When told that she was going on the trip, you can see that Happy's reactions went from surprise to bewilderment to something that appears to be denial.



That dog always cracks me up, and when I think about Happy getting a bath, flying to Anchorage and staying in a hotel room... Well, I can't help but think it's going to be hilarious!

I will try to post something from Anchorage, but if I miss a day please bear with me and stay tuned!

No comments: