Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Steese Highway -- Day 3

Back down at lower altitude, the road suddenly became a lot more... um... interesting. For one thing, I crossed a number of bridges which are -- thankfully -- better than they appear. I also had to pass over many stretches of dirt road that were pretty stinkin' soft due to surface-only thawing. (The ground not far below is still frozen and doesn't drain!)


At one point, I got out of my truck and took a good, long look at what I was about to drive over... or perhaps through is a better word. After all we've been through together, I have total confidence in my "Road Rig"... But sometimes you just want to make sure you're not asking too much from the laws of physics!


The "crossing" was a bit dicey but successful. I actually faced some worse spots further along, but didn't even bother to check them out. Go Darth!

No comments: