Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Change Of Plan, New Direction, New Roads

My mom has declared that she's ready to fly solo, so I'm back on the road. When I first planned this road trip, I intended to drive back west via US60. It occurred to me the other day that since I'm all the way on the east coast -- and already in "road mode" -- I should take the opportunity to drive a few roads that have been on my list for a very long time. So, change of plan, new direction, new roads.

First on the list is Skyline Drive and its continuation as the Blue Ridge Parkway south through Virginia and North Carolina. Both roads were mostly constructed as part of New Deal programs and are considered two of the most beautiful roadways in the world. I don't know which section of road is in this picture, but I intend to find out. My timing is perfect for trying to catch the amazing fall colors!



I've got at least two more roads in mind after that, but you'll have to wait until I'm sure they're in the cards before I announce them... Stay tuned!

No comments: