Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Greetings From Kansas!

I rejoined US Highway 50 heading east from Pueblo this morning, thus beginning Part 2 of my "End-to-End" road trip. The roadway was excellent, almost entirely flat, straight, smooth and fast. The scenery started out dry and bleak, but has actually gotten quite green as I've moved into Kansas.


I've already driven past endless farmland, immense stockyards, massive railroad hubs and even a few oil derricks.

The sky was heavily overcast all day so the lighting wasn't good for photos, but I'll try to capture some of it tomorrow.

Click here to see exactly where I am posting this from on Google Maps.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you have a chance to use the bungee cord again??

Macgellan said...

Dude!... I actually had a flashback about that bungy cord!.. I still can't figure out how that thing worked so well... But, no, Darth is not bungy cord compatible... I do wonder how our trip might have been different if we'd had my current road rig... For one thing it would have meant fewer knot-tying opportunities for hanging hammocks!