Thursday, September 08, 2011

Middle of Everywhere, Middle of Nowhere...

It's hard to believe that you can be in the middle of everywhere and the middle of nowhere at the same time, but it's true! Just go to Kinsley, KS, for lunch then stop in nearby Belpre for fuel.


It's been a good day's drive across the flatland and past the fields, farms and feedlots. I really wanted to stop and get a photo of a feedlot -- it'll make you consider becoming vegetarian -- but there was just no place to pull over on this working road. I did grab the photo above as I was driving, which pretty well shows the rest of the story: fields, railroads and oil wells.

I'm in Hutchinson, KS, and have learned that the Kansas State Fair starts tomorrow. I've long heard about state fairs and always wanted to go to one, so I'm going to check it out tomorrow!

Click here to see exactly where I am posting this from on Google Maps.

No comments: