Thursday, August 11, 2011

Oregon Coast

It was overcast and drizzling for most of my drive to the southern border of Washington and across the bridge into Astoria, Oregon.

The wetlands along the coast are pleasant, but there's a reason people take the fast lane on the interstate to get to the Oregon coast: There's just not much too see in southwestern Washington.

I spent a couple of quiet nights in Astoria, then continued down the coast yesterday.

As you can see, there's a reason why "The Oregon Coast" -- as it's always called -- is so popular. If this photo of Canon Beach doesn't hook you, check your pulse.


I had intended to stop in Newport for a couple of days, but the tourist throng was too thick for me. So, I kept going a little farther to the much more laid back town of Waldport. I've found a sweet little campground right on the beach/inlet and plan to spend a couple of days here. Poor me!

No comments: