Friday, May 30, 2014

US Hwy 70: PistachioLand!

You may recall that I recently saw "the world's biggest peanut" in Durant, OK. You may also recall it was a rather disappointing 3-foot long metal sculpture. So, when I saw a sign promoting "the world's biggest pistachio" while driving toward Alamogordo, NM, you will understand my skepticism.

Crikey! That's gotta be the world's biggest pistachio! You can see my road rig behind it for scale!



I had a nice visit at McGinn's PistachioLand where I tried at least a dozen different roasts, everything from "Lemon-Lime" to "Atomic Hot Chili." I'm a lifelong fan of the pistachio, so I chose to stay old-school and picked up a bag -- now only half a bag -- of the traditional, lightly-salted roast... Yummy!

Click here to see exactly where I am posting this from on Google Maps.

1 comment:

Mark said...

Damn fine giant pistachio, Ikeaboy.