Wednesday, January 26, 2011

VoM2: Second Valid Passport

For my upcoming travels in Russia this summer, I will need to submit my passport for processing of visas, etc., and I have been told to expect the process to take several weeks overall. The problem, of course, is that I cannot travel without a passport for several weeks while it is being processed!

How to solve this conundrum? Well, it turns out that in circumstances like this, the State Department will issue you a second valid passport!


It’s only valid for two years and it has a special endorsement (for which I’ve provided annotation from the US Code) but it’s all good!

There’s a pretty good pile of paperwork and some fees involved. I used PassportVisasExpress.com to help with the process and I can recommend them.

So, there you have it… One more piece of preparation taken care of for The Voyage 2.0!

No comments: