Friday, July 06, 2007

Report: Welsh Folk Song

I was sitting at the kitchen table with two of my young Welsh friends -- talking about how they are fluent in Welsh but their parents don’t speak a word of it -- when their father suggested they sing me a Welsh Folk Song so that I could hear how the language sounds. As soon as they began I knew it would be something to share with you, so I fired up my camera and let the video roll. Whether you are interested in Welsh Folk Songs and how the language sounds or just want to enjoy three minutes of video that are guaranteed to make you smile, this Report is for you! (Note: My favorite moment is about two-thirds of the way through when “sisters will be sisters”... You’ll know it when you see it. Also, don’t miss the proud father in the background... Who can blame him?) Enjoy!

No comments: