Tuesday, June 24, 2014

US Hwy 191: Leaving The Tetons Behind

Rolling by and through Grand Teton National Park, US191 is a good quality two-lane affair that's mostly wooded but offers frequent views of the mountains. What I failed to mention in my post yesterday, is that you can enjoy most of what the park has to offer from the highway!



I drove at the frequently posted speed limit of 45mph, but still found myself pulling out pretty often to let streams of cars speed by. I promise, that's all I'm going to say about the crowds today!



Past the northern boundary of Teton Park, the road continues through a lovely alpine valley on its way to Yellowstone National Park. Just beyond that distant rise is the next big park adventure!



I ended up transiting the entire southwestern corner of Yellowstone today, but that's a story which deserves a post of its own… Stay tuned!

Click here to see exactly where I am posting this from on Google Maps.

No comments: