Friday, June 27, 2014

US Hwy 191: South-Central Montana

Driving north from West Yellowstone into South-Central Montana, US191 is simply a beautiful drive. Despite the residual clouds and overcast from last night's rain, I think you can see what I mean.



For nearly 100 miles, the route meanders next to the Gallatin River. It's in a lush green valley with Alpine hills all around and some majestic mountains in the distance. What's not to love?



The river is famous for fishing, verified by a large number of anglers parked at various access points. The river is also popular for rafting, and I saw numerous groups bundled and huddled in their craft.



Once reaching the city of Bozeman, MT, US191 joins I-90 going east for a short stint over a modest pass. At the town of Livingston, I drove a few miles south to a lovely little campground.



In very short order, my rig was set up and Happy was curled up in her comfy little doghouse. We just took a lengthy walk around the property which sits right on the banks of the Yellowstone River.



I think it's safe to say we'll stay here for a few days to enjoy the scenery and check out the area... Stay tuned!

Click here to see exactly where I am posting this from on Google Maps.

No comments: