Wednesday, February 02, 2011

VoM2: Aboard The Rickmers Shanghai... Finally!

Finally on board and checking out the ship! So far I’ve found the bridge and my cabin: Everything you need, not much you don’t… Bed, desk, sofa, table, closet, bathroom… Perfect!

As you can see, there is nothing going on around here. I just met the captain, whose first words were, “I wish I could say when we go!

The best I could make out from his version of English is something to the effect that the dock crews are not working, he hopes to start loading tonight and we may be underway by midnight tomorrow night.

So, I’ve got coffee and will settle in… Stay tuned!

PS - I’m posting via my iPhone… There is no Internet on board… I’ll keep posting as long as I have cell signal, then catch up when we get to Europe in about 10 days… Maybe!

No comments: