Sunday, May 12, 2013

US Hwy 20: Indi-hio Farmland

The weather was very blustery today: Cold and overcast, with persistently strong winds. Although there were a few wiggly moments on the road, I continue to be quite pleased with how my short, low-profile trailer handles the wind. I can't image what it would have been like dragging one of those tall, super-long behemoths.

US Highway 20 east of Michigan City is a typical four-lane, but soon downshifted to a nice two-lane country road. I set the cruise control at a modest speed and enjoy a very pleasant, pastoral drive.



Just as I noticed that the farms looked particularly prosperous, I passed a buggy and realized I was in Amish country. That explained it, because the Amish always seem to have good looking farms!



Almost before I knew it, I crossed into Eastern time zone then into Ohio. Attractive farms continued to decorate my path, and the miles just melted away.





I've stopped for the night near Toledo, as yet undecided about whether I'll remain here tomorrow or move on… Stay tuned!

Click here to see exactly where I am posting this from on Google Maps.

No comments: