Monday, June 01, 2009

Macgellan Update: Back On The Road… Literally!

As you all know, these are "interesting" times with lots of things in flux: economically, politically and socially. As a scientist, I am intrigued by systems under pressure. As a philosopher, I am inspired by stimulus and response. As an explorer, I am compelled to go take a look for myself.

So, I have decided to hit the road... Literally!... and have put together the "road rig" you see here, comprised of a Ford 350 Super-Duty pickup truck -- whom I have named "Darth" for what I hope are obvious reasons! -- and an Arctic Fox 990 camper.

My plan -- insofar as I have one -- is to explore the cultural topography of North America. My premise is that "interesting" times of flux provoke vastly different stimulus and response among a large population across a vast land mass. With this rig I have assembled the capability to pursue my premise wherever it leads me.

There's obviously a lot more to this story, but that's all I have to report at the moment... Stay tuned!

No comments: