Thursday, June 18, 2009

Over The Divide

The landscape of Washington changes dramatically as you head east. The alpine Cascades give way to the Columbia River gorge and then you're into the seemingly endless fields --mostly wheat -- that extend to the border.


Along the way I stopped at Grand Coulee Dam, yet another place I've wanted to visit the entire time I lived in Washington State. The picture doesn't come close to showing the true size of the facility -- and you're not permitted to take photos anywhere better -- so you'll have to take my word for it that the thing is huge!.

Crossing the panhandle of Idaho seems like it takes mere moments, then you're into Montana and over the continental divide at Marias Pass.


Something about the continental divide feels like the first real milestone, and a good time to give of brief review of how my road rig is performing.

Frankly, I couldn't be happier or more impressed. The truck is a beast, powering over every terrain no matter how steep or flat. It drives amazingly well considering the load it is carrying, and couldn't offer a more comfortable ride. The camper is just fantastic! I've got plenty of room, plenty of accoutrements and plenty of comfort. It's a breeze to "set-up" in that all I really need to do is park it, plug into the power outlet, attach the water hose and I'm done. I'm in and out faster than anybody else by far.

So, all is well so far on US Hwy 2… Stay tuned!

No comments: