Friday, January 11, 2013

Happy: I've Got New Jewelry!

Hi!... I'm Happy... I'm always Happy... That's why they call me Happy!

I'm especially happy today because I've got new jewelry! Every girl loves to get new jewelry, especially when it's unexpected and for no apparent reason. Am I right, ladies? You know I am!

I was riding around in the truck with Macgellan this morning, when we stopped at a big building and went inside. The next thing you know, I've got my paws up on a counter and I'm getting all kinds of pats and loves from a very nice lady.

She asked Macgellan some questions, then he handed her some money. (I don't really get the whole money thing, but it sure seems to make fun things happen!)

A minute later, he's taken off my collar, fiddled around with it and held it up for me to see: I've got new jewelry! Isn't it just beautiful? Isn't it a perfect compliment to my other piece of jewelry that I got when I ran the Iditarod?... I love it!

(Note from Macgellan: I'm delighted that Happy is so happy about her new jewelry. It only cost five bucks, and I've gotten a pretty good chuckle out of it myself. If you look closely, you'll see that her new "dog tag" is actually a "dog tax"! It says so, right on the tag. I can't remember seeing that on any other dog tags I've bought before, and I appreciate the honesty of the folks here in Anacortes!)

2 comments:

ann said...

What a great New Years present! I am so Happy for you both. Big hugs from Ohio
Ann

Susan A. Smith, NBCT said...

Oh Happy I am so glad to see you are continuing your blog with Macgellan. I soooo missed you!