Wednesday, January 09, 2013

Happy: Not Sleepless In Seattle

Hi!... I'm Happy... I'm always Happy... That's why they call me Happy!

I've had a great first week here with my best friend Macgellan! We've spent a lot of time hanging out in his big dog house, and I really feel like it's my dog house too. We've also gone for lots of drives in his truck, and I always get to ride shotgun. That makes me really, really happy!

Last weekend we went on our first road trip to Seattle. On Saturday morning we visited with my new Uncle Mark on his houseboat. That's a big doghouse that floats. I didn't really get it, but he gave me a very tasty new kind of treat and promised that the next time we visit I can meet his dog Daisy!

After that we visited with my new Aunt Peggie and her family. She gave me a new kind of treat too, but the coolest thing was meeting her big dog Beau. He's a very hairy guy who looks pretty fierce, but I knew right away that he is a very sweet boy in disguise. The whole family was really nice to me, and I hope to see them -- especially Beau -- again soon!

After that we visited with my new Aunt Kay who also has a nice big doghouse. She doesn't have a dog, but I could smell that a dog had recently been there. She promised me that I'd get to meet the boy soon, along with a promise to have treats for me the next time I visit. Is that cool, or what?

Finally, we went to the doghouse of my new Aunt Christie and Uncle Rob. I was pretty tired by the time we got there, so I was very happy to see my bed! I think Macgellan was concerned about how I would do staying overnight in a strange doghouse, but as soon as I finished my dinner and got in my bed I went straight to sleep! What's to worry about?

Sunday morning we visited my new Aunt Maria and Uncle Brendan. They are really nice humans who gave me treats and a goodie bag of treats and toys to take home with me! Even better, they have a boy-dog named Skipper. He was kind of a show-off at first, but turned out to be a real gentleman. I like him a lot!

Sunday afternoon, Macgellan watched the Seahawks beat the Redskins on TV with Aunt Christie. I spent my time sleeping on the living room floor, ignoring the two cats. One of them ignored me too, but the other was kind of nosy. Everybody seemed a little worried that I might have a problem with the cats, but we got along fine. I ignored them and they mostly ignored me. What could be better?

We drove back to Anacortes on Sunday night, and I was really happy to be home. It was a fun, exciting weekend of meeting many new human and canine friends, but there really is no place better than my own bed, in my own doghouse, with my own human.

Actually, there might be one place better after all. A few nights ago, Macgellan was laying on his big bed reading a book while I was laying on my bed on the floor. All of a sudden, he was calling me, patting his bed and encouraging me to jump up on it with him.

I've never heard of such a thing as being on the boss's bed, but he was so encouraging that I figured I'd better jump on up there. It was great! We curled up together, sharing body heat. Plus, I got lots and lots of really good pats and plenty of sweet talk!

After my dinner tonight -- I don't really know how it happened! -- I suddenly found myself up on his bed again, all by myself. When I realized where I was, I kinda freaked out a little, but Macgellan smiled and said I am a good dog. So, there I stayed while he took my picture! Is this great, or what?

That pretty much brings you up to date on my experiences this past week. I'm really happy here, and have already met lots of very nice new human and canine friends. Stay tuned!

2 comments:

Joanne from upstate NY said...

Happy stories always make me smile! Keep 'em coming!

Anonymous said...

Happy. Sweetie pay attention. That big bed now belongs to you. This is important.........jump on the bed and lay in the middle with your head on the pillow. Now stretch your legs out all the way. This is now your space. If Macgellan needs more room direct him to your old bed as it will be empty. Trust me, humans don't need much space.

It worked for me and I never knew what a bed was either till I found my forever home

rebel the rotti