Saturday, May 03, 2014

US Hwy 70: Country Music, Catfish & Cooter's

As cities go, Nashville is a pretty good one. It's a mid-sized city with a modern, compact downtown core. There are some nice looking neighborhoods around it and the surrounding area is certainly green, lush and very pretty. Without doubt, Nashville is the capital of country music.



Between being a little run down from my big day yesterday, having been here before and learning that spring break is still underway, I didn't have much interest in urban exploration. I did take a drive through the downtown area and found Broadway to be as busy as ever. Music joints and eateries -- all vying for supremacy in the battle for best catfish -- are crammed together and do a good trade.



I'm staying a little way out of town, very near Opryland. Driving around the area, I found this gem and couldn't help but reminisce about the old days when Daisy Duke was the bomb!



I'm going to push west tomorrow, with no idea about what's there or where I'll end up... Stay tuned!

Click here to see exactly where I am posting this from on Google Maps.

No comments: