Sunday, April 27, 2014

Happy: I Almost Met Duke!

Hi!... I'm Happy... I'm always Happy... Today I'm happy because I almost met Duke!

Macgellan and I were cruising around the Smoky Mountains yesterday -- him driving and me sleeping, of course! -- when all of a sudden I woke up to the smell of baked beans!

The next thing I know, we've pulled into the Bush Beans Museum and Visitor Center and Macgellan is telling me I might get to meet Duke. I didn't understand at first, but after putting on my best frock and walking to the door it started to make some sense.

Duke is famous -- like me! -- as spokes-dog for Bush's Beans. He's been on TV and everything! He's very handsome in all his pictures, and I was pretty excited to meet him. Sadly, Duke is on vacation and wasn't available to have a photo-op with me.

Instead, a nice man who is the company historian came out and took some photos to use in their company newsletter. When Duke sees them, he'll be pretty disappointed he didn't get to meet me!



I wasn't allowed to tour the museum, but Macgellan says it's very well done and interesting, full of information about beans, company history and Duke. He suggests you stop by if you're in the area.

They did let me pose in front of a thing called a "green screen" so that I could sort of have my picture taken with Duke. It was a little weird because I had to sit on a stool, and I still wasn't tall enough. That's me at the bottom of the photo!



I told Macgellan that I just never know what kind of fun experiences I'm going to have, even when it seems like they don't work our perfectly. I didn't get to meet Duke, but I had a great time anyway!

No comments: