Tuesday, November 07, 2017

US93: Twin Falls ID

Happy and I are taking a rest/recon day in Twin Falls, ID. Since I can't just sit and look at road and weather reports all day -- and Happy can't shouldn't just sleep in her comfy bed all day -- we went out to do a little exploration. The salient feature of Twin Falls is its location on the Snake River.

Popular consensus is that Shoshone Falls are "disappointing" in late-fall/early-winter due to low water flow. I can't say I was disappointed. To the contrary, I was mesmerized by this natural beauty.




Twin Falls' man-made jewel is the Perrine Bridge, approximately 1,500 feet in total length with a main span of 993 feet and a deck height of 486 feet above the Snake River. It is the eighth highest bridge in the United States and a very popular -- and legal -- place for base jumping enthusiasts.




There are other attractions in Twin Falls, including the well-respected Idaho Heritage Museum, but after enjoying outdoor wonders I just wasn't in the mood to look at indoor artifacts. As soon as I click "post" on this, I think it's time for a little nap... Stay tuned!

No comments: