Friday, July 20, 2012

US Hwy 30 -- Detour: Interlochen

My young friend Jake -- Kenny's younger son -- is at Interlochen Arts Camp for two weeks to develop his musical craft, and visiting him was the impetus for my detour up the Michigan peninsula. When I picked him up after his classes this afternoon and asked him how he was enjoying the camp, he said "It's all really good, except for the food!" So, our first order of business was to get him a proper meal, which turned out to be a 20 ounce steak dinner with all the trimmings. He was about half-way through it when I told him to hold it up to share with you folks at home. Happy boy!

After dinner we returned to Interlochen for this evening's concert. Although Jake is in the Jazz program, one of the groups in the Rock program asked him to play a number with them. I think it's safe to say that they -- and the audience -- are very glad he did. Here's a minute of Jake really rocking the sax… Wow!"



Click here to see exactly where I am posting this from on Google Maps.

1 comment:

Mom said...

That is a happy saxophone!