Monday, April 01, 2013

Happy: A Fan In Fife!

Hi!… I'm Happy!… I'm always happy!... That's why they call me Happy!

Macgellan and I pulled out of our "winter camp" this morning, and headed down the highway to reposition for our cross-country road trip. A while into the drive, we pulled off the interstate and parked in a big shopping center in Fife, WA. Macgellan looked at me and said, "I've got a surprise for you, Happy dog!"

The next thing I know, this really nice lady is giving me pats, hugs and kisses! She loves me, and I loved her right back!



It turns out that she is one of my first and biggest fans! She said she saw the coverage of me running the Iditarod, right at a time when she was having some troubles in her life. Learning about my story -- what I've overcome and accomplished -- raised her spirits and helped her get through her hardships. She's been a fan of mine ever since, and has always wanted to meet me.

When she read that I would be driving through her town, she contacted Macgellan and they arranged a little get-together. It was really fun, and I will always remember meeting her: My fan in Fife!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy,
Thank you for being who you are and Thank you to Macgellan for being who you are.
The two of you are made for each other. I saw that early on at SPK.
Your stories intertwine like climbing ivy and a chain link fence.
If ever there was a day I'll remember for the rest of my life, today was that day.
Mac, Thank you so much for taking the time.
Happy, Thank you for getting out of your comfy truck to let me love on you. You are such a sweetie. May your future travels be much warmer then the trail to Nome.
Be well, Be good and Travel Safely.

Deka